Hopefully you’ve at least started on your August 2018 content calendar, but if you’re like most people, planning content in advance can be extremely tedious. Even for people like our team members who crank out content every single day – sitting down to gather everything we want to communicate weeks in advance is not our most enjoyable activity.
Regardless of how much you enjoy planning your content in advance (or not), it’s always a great idea to do so because your success with social media and content marketing hinges on how well you’re prepared.
August is a tricky month. Summer isn’t over but Fall is right around the corner, so that can tempt you to focus on themes that your audience may not be ready for. Many of us are making last ditch efforts to go on vacation…we’re not ready to plan for football season just yet!
To take some of the guesswork out of it for you, we’ve compiled a list of holidays and observances to inspire your efforts. If you can get creative enough, we’re sure you can make these work for your brand regardless of what you sell or offer.
August 2018 Month Observances
- Admit You’re Happy Month
- Family Fun Month
- National Catfish Month
- National Eye Exam Month
- National Golf Month
- Peach Month
- Romance Awareness Month
- Water Quality Month
- National Picnic Month
If you’re in the beauty or personal care industry, perhaps you could create a special product using peach inspired scents that would only be available for August. You could also use your website to share tips on how your products can be used on a family outing or during outdoor time.
August 2018 Weekly Observances
- Week 1: National Simplify Your Life Week
- Week 2: National Smile Week
- Week 3: Friendship Week
- Week 4: Be Kind to Humankind Week
None of these observances fit your niche? If you’re lost on what to fill an empty space on your calendar within these time frames, consider sharing a relevant quote.
August 2018 Holidays
- August 1: National Girlfriends Day + National Mountain Climbing Day
- August 2: National Ice Cream Sandwich Day
- August 3: National Watermelon Day
- August 4: National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day
- August 9: National Book Lover’s Day
- August 12: National Middle Child’s Day
- August 15: National Relaxation Day
- August 16: National Tell-a-Joke Day
- August 17: National Thrift Shop Day
- August 19: National Potato Day
- August 21: Senior Citizens Day
- August 31: National Eat Outside Day
I can think of at least 30 different ways all of these holidays can be represented either on social media or on a company blog, regardless of the niche!
If you’re still stumped for ideas or overwhelmed with them, download our FREE Social Media Content Planner to help organize your thoughts and shape your strategy.